In Cincinnati trimming trees or pruning is by far the most used service of any tree care company. We at Arbor Design understand the results of a bad pruning cut. It can do damage to the tree that will last the entire life of the tree. Improper pruning cuts can drastically reduce the life of the tree, making it unsafe, and very unattractive. Arbor Design adheres to the ANSI A300 standards. Our cuts are always just outside the branch collar leaving a smooth surface with no rips, jagged edges or stubs. There are some companies in Cincinnati trimming trees that do a horrible job of this.
- There are many reasons for properly trimming your trees.
- Keeping health and safe trees on your property.
- Creating a better view
- Removing the risk of branch failure
- To provide clearance of the house, driveway, sidewalk or street
- Making the tree look better
- To help in adding more flowers or fruit to the tree
Topping of trees: I will give you 8 good reasons to never ever top a tree.
- Starvation: no leaves then there is no food for the tree
- Shock: the top of the tree blocks the direct sunlight that now will most likely sun scald the bark of the tree.
- Insects and disease: the stubs left are highly vulnerable to insect attacks, the large stubs can’t heal themselves properly allowing for disease
- Weak limbs: the resulting sucker growth has no normal growth habits.
- Rapid new growth: instead of reducing the tree height the tree will in fact grow so fast it will rise above the original tree height.
- Tree Death: older more mature trees likely will not survive topping.
- Ugliness: it loses all of its beauty and the community is robbed of an asset.
- Cost: the loss of property value, earlier removal costs, and risk of liability.